Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Peacock's Feathers

So this project is still in its fledgling stages and I have only vague ideas of what I should do to sass it up a bit... a theme song?  a better camera?  Definitely I'd like a better microphone than the one built in my computer.  It's obnoxious.  But anyway, if you have some grand ideas, let me know!



I did a hornpipe today which I learned off of Frankie Gavin and Alec Finn's album "Masters of Irish Music."  It's a popular one.  There's another hornpipe with the same name in a major key that Mr.s Gavin and Finn play together in one set.  Great stuff.  Although for some reason Frankie has tuned up his fiddle a half step on the whole album.  So in order to learn the tunes on it, you have to re-tune your fiddle to Ab, Eb, Bb, F.  I must say if I'm re-tuning my fiddle I'd rather tune it down than up, but whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment