Monday, July 25, 2011

Mickey Callaghan's

I'm in New York for a couple days and had some time today to sit in my hotel room and do a tune!  Ya-hoo!  We got here expecting a one-room one-bed typical hotel room, but they (accidentally?) gave us a suite with 2 bathrooms, 2 bedrooms, a kitchen and living room.  It's bigger than our apartment.  No complaints!


Here's another slide.  If you want to know the difference between a slide and a jig... good luck.  I've heard it explained a million ways and the only way I can tell is just that they feel different.  They're both in compound meter (sets of 3 eighth-notes per beat)... and.... yep.  If you want a laugh, go on over to thesession.org and find one of their discussion threads on this subject.  Everyone's definition is different.

I learned this one again from "Kitty Lie Over," which is my favorite trad album at the moment.  Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment